• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, let me have it....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

I just bought a PS2 and need some ideas for some great games to buy. So if any of you PS2 owners have any ideas, let me have it.

OP
cornbread

cornbread

rb26dett said:
Be gone sell out! :D

LoL, no sell out here....

I bought a GameCube a year ago and have been disappointed in most of the games. It does look like things are going to get better in the future with games like Metroid Prime and the new Zelda, but overall the PS2 (and PC) has most of the games I like right now, so....

xbiker321

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Aggressive Inline
Grand Theft Auto 3 or Grand Theft Auto : Vice City
Metal Gear Solid 2
Timesplitters 2
Red Faction 1 / 2
Gran Turismo 3 a-spec

tell us what kind of games you like to play and i can tell you some more games that you will enjoy.

EDIT : Also tell us if you plan on using your PS2 online so we can tell you some nice Online games. :)

Last edited:

UnWishedLegacy

Metal Gear 2 (old but a clasic if you owned the originals)
AirBlade- Tony Hawke with a plotline
any of the Armoured Core series
ALL of the Legacy Of Kain games (even the old PS1 versions)
F.I.F.A 2002...

Any question?

OP
cornbread

cornbread

Thanks guys for the info. I think Metal Gear 2 will be a choice, especially since I noticed it was now a greatest hit, so that makes it $20.00 bucks, not bad at all.

SOCOM, does that offer single player or is it just for online play? Right now I don't plan on buying the online adapter.

KaHNZa, I forgot to mention that "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2" was my first purchase and I love it, nothing but sweetness. I had owned the original Hot Pursuit for the PS1 and liked it.

baqai

Final Fantasy series simply rocks,

Metal Gear Solid Series

Grand Trissmo (sp?) Series

Final Fantasy Series

above 3 reasons are more than enough to keep one busy for a while and to get PS2 :)

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
cornbread said:
SOCOM, does that offer single player or is it just for online play? Right now I don't plan on buying the online adapter.

Yeah, it's got an SP mode I think.

Again, I can't push Chrono Cross enough. Go. Play. Enjoy.

TheFrag

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i quickly skimmed over them. Im considering getting a PS2 myself, but might go with GC

geldib

Registered
Well if you like RPGs and don't mind it being a PS1 game Breath of Fire III is a pretty good game and Xenogears was awesome.....

If your into sports games Madden 2k3 is fun.... just got finished playing a game over at my friends house....

Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken 4 if your into fighting games these 2 are a blast.... and Tekken 3 is cool but its a PS1 game....

solidsnakexix

Final fantasy ten
FF ix
Metal gear solid 2
Hitman 2
Red faction 2
Socom
Resident evil 0 if it comes out for ps2
Turok Evoulotion
Nhl 2003
GTA 3 Vice city
Dead to rights when it comes out
Time Splitters 2

And yes socom does have single player campaign. Hope theses titles are good for you.

-solidsnakexix