• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, so how much is my main rig worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I'm for sure going to sell my older pc listed earlier. But, I may have to get rid of my baby too. Here are her specs...

1.Case-Antec 1200
2.MB-P8P67 Deluxe
3.CPU-i7-2600k @ 4.6
4.GPU-EVGA GeForce GTX680 4gb memory
5.RAM-Corsair Vengeance LP 16gb @ 1600
6.SSD-Sandisk Extreme 240gb
7.HD-WD Caviar Black 1tb
8.PSU-Antec True Power Quattro 850w
9.CPU Cooler-Thermalright Silver Arrow with 2 Silverstone FHP 141 fans push/pull config.
10.Sound-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card

Here are some latest pics of her as well.
I did some calculating and figured I spent around $2400 on this total pc.
The MB, GPU, and SSD are all less than a yr. old also from upgrades.
How much do you think she is worth?
Thanks guys. :attn:

Attachments

• IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • 1368400020404.jpg
    1368400020404.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how well that 2600k clocks? For SB and IB, the price is completely dictated by how fast it can run all out, or how low the voltage will go at a reasonable speed (for 24/7 use).

So are you saying I shouldn't include the GPU or MB?

Nah, I'm saying you should sell every part individually.

2600K - Depends how well it OCs
P8P67 Deluxe - $150
GTX680 4GB - $450
RAM - $85
SSD - $180
HDD - $75
PSU - $120
Cooler - $60
Sound Card - No idea, Sound Blaster is a line of products, not a specific model.
Case - $100

Could make back a solid, say, $1400.

There is no way I could part with her for less then $1800. I may just keep her. It'll just take me a few months till I have enough saved up for my new build.

There is no way I could part with her for less then $1800. I may just keep her. It'll just take me a few months till I have enough saved up for my new build.

New build? What you have should max out everything out there on a single monitor for a loooong time.

Yea, Microcenter built this pc after I chose the parts. It was my 1st actual gaming pc ever. I know so much more now then I did 2 years ago when this pc was made. I would love to use this knowledge and make MY OWN rig. With maybe a Haswell 4700k, a Swiftech H220 cpu cooler, an Asus Maximus Extreme mb, 32gb of Corsair Dominator ram, a sexy new case (not sure which one yet, maybe the NZXT Switch 810) and get the case chrome plated, a new GTX 780 5gb mem. card, and of course a good PSU, SSD, AND HD. I so bad wish I had the cash to do it now. I pray the Lord, if it's his will, could grace me with some cash somehow. But we'll see what happens.

I mean, it's all nice and fun to drool over new parts and such, but that'd honestly be a huge money sink for not much practical gain in performance at all...

Remember, it's a computer, not a toy. ;) Peripheral upgrades would be more deserving of your money.

Last edited:
Looks like a high-res monitor or multi-monitors would be the next upgrade for that system.

You could always sell the CPU and mobo and get 4770K/4650K and a Z87 if you really wanted, but it wouldn't be a drastic change. Also, GTX780 is 3GB vRAM only.

They are releasing a 5gb mem. 780, just don't know when.
So a 4770k @ 5.0 wouldn't be much different than a 2600k @ 4.6?
I have read that Haswells run at high clocks with much less power which means much less heat which in turn means greater overclocking? Maybe 6.0 oc?
Don't I have a high res monitor already? It's an Asus VE247. I don't care for 3 screens as long as there is so much distance between them due to the sides.
Guess I could always get a larger monitor..

According to NVIDIA themselves, there will be no GTX780 with more than 3GB VRAM. They said if someone wants more than 3GB, then they have to buy TITAN.

Don't expect a 5.0GHz 24/7 OC out of Haswell or any CPU for that matter, that would be very rare. 6.0GHz is sub-zero cooling territory.

High-res single monitor is 2560x1440 or 2560x1600.

Those were rumors published last month...the cards been released now and NVIDIA has plainly said they're not making a version with more vRAM.

Well that kinda blows.. I have more vram now on my 680. I do still have a protection/upgrade plan on my 680 for another 7 months though. So that means I'd only have to pay around $100 to go from a gtx 680 4gb to a 780 3gb. What should I do guys? With all the mods I use and all the ini. files I tweak in Skyrim I can get to around 2900gb of vram at times.

Back