• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old 9x laptop problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

i have a laptop here that is having real issues. it goes to boot and says that the partition table is bad. it was fat32. i fdisked it and the prob persists but fdisk says itss ok. i am wanting to load win 9x on it. also, when i go into the flopy boot thingy, i try to do cd c: or cd D: and it goes to d: then goes back to A: right away
i see it recognizes al the drives, but wont go to em. what could be the prob? i am tryi to use floppy to boot from cd. sorry about spelling and grammar, i am on my friends rubber keyboard.

turd

Couple things, you say it fdisked ok, and I guess that you vewed the partition and that you had partition info ? What you need to do is a format and fdisk /mbr, then make sure that you have an actiive partition. Also with some of those older HD's you may have had/need an overlay. I would check and see what type of HD it is and check the web site for any diag tools or utilities.