• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old cpu/mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ponders

Registered
I have a old Emachines sitting here and I want to oc it.

*cant believe he paid 700$ for it 2 yrs ago*

sigh.. I just went to there website and they took down the deailed info on the mb. here is all it says
Specifications of eTower® 466id

Trigem Florida-TG/TGA motherboard
Intel® Celeron™ 466MHz (w/128KB L2 Cache) PPGA CPU
64MB SyncDRAM (up to 256 MB) *** upped to 128
2 USB Ports (1 is on Front)
1 Serial / 1 Parallel / 3 Expansion Slot
Audio In & Out / Game Port on Front **** upped to SB pci
Internet Ready
Microsoft® Windows® 98
Microsoft Works
ATI Rage Pro Turbo 2X AGP **** upped to G4 440mx
Crystal CS4280 3D PCI Audio **** upped to SB pci
5x Max. DVD-ROM Drive with Software Decoder
8.4GB HDD (Ultra DMA EIDE) *upped to 80gig wesd dig 5400 rpm
3.5" 1.44MB FDD
56K* ITU V.90 PCI Fax/Modem
PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse
Stereo Speakers

anyway I went into the bios and I didnt see any multipliyer or fsb speed increaser so Im guessing it will be a jumper on the motherboard I have to use

here is a link to the mb;
sry its japanese
Florida tgm japanese
Ive hunted on google but I cant find any good specs sheets on it...

So I take it its a tough one to oc. But if it was easy everyone would do it right lol. So does someone wanna help me with this project? Im not to worried about fryin it, though Ide like not too:p , Ide just like to get a bit more speed for my kids low level games.

y0ungsta

Registered
It's really hard to update bios on old mobos that are from companies like the E machines. I had an old computer build by some company and I never found any bios update. WEll good luck on your findings

batboy

Senior Moment
You won't have much luck overclocking that system. Those motherboards are crappy and very overclocking unfriendly.