• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Hardware, New Adventure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have to admit after messing with my X58 rig again, i kinda want to build a X99 system.

i dunno why i thought i got lucky on a kit of ram on newegg, a gskill ddr3-2400 kit. stuck with the 2 lowest ratios for ram speed, no boot past those. i looked in the bios as you said about uncore multi, is this QPI speed? at 200bclk QPI link speed is 3.6ghz or 3.2ghz with the cpu clock at 3.6ghz. i did get the cpu up to 4ghz with LLC voltage idle is 3.6ish then goes up to 1.375v load. with the fans running 1600 rpm load temps on two cores is 73/71 with the rest 68/67's, sure does seem like a voltage jump to go from [email protected] in bios prolly off from that idle to load.

i need to do more tweaking if can get the higher cpu clock with a lower bclk and get a lower QPI so i can run higher ram speed i need to figure that out. though im not sure how QPI speed would effect ram speed ratios not working right at that speed.

*edit*
man im not having any luck looking for older ram even on ebay. if i did find one or two, its not enough GB and its cost is nearly double what it should be IMO. i guess i might keep the kits i got and use them even at lower speed. even looking at getting a 970 the lowest consumer hex is close to 200 BIN. may just stick with the xeons and live with the 3.6ghz-4ghz i get.

Last edited:
Back