• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old mb, 10eu Athlon II x4 645 3.1, ddr2 ram and 8 htpipes cooler = 3.85 ghz OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SaltyPope

:shock: Everything working very stable up to 3.9ghz for a cpu that is known for terrible OC potential. Tried to squeeze @4GHZ while lowering ram fq even lower but no success. Keeping on 3.85 because any higher causes fsb multiplier to jump around too much. Never seen anyone breaking more than 3.8 with this cpu on air cooling .

PC Specs

Amd Athlon 2 x4 645 @3.85
amd.png
ASUS MN68AM PLUS
2x2gb ddr2 800mhz (dram 413mhz)
Gigabyte GTX 1050 G1 Gaming Superclocked
zu3.png

n675aw.png
:sn:

Merry Christmas BTW :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey :) its only 3rd cpu im oc'ing and i havent expected much success. Playing Overwatch on epic preset and getting almost same framerate with same gpu and no stutters even compared to 6700k and i5 :) damn ..... best 10eu spent in my life :D

Yeah , my board is terrible and only 2 slots for ddr2 ram. Just ordered some ,,dinosaur" ddr2 800 2x 4gb sticks for my last upgrade for this ancient pc . 8gb ram is the most this board supports so i will collect some money for building a new rig based on AM4 later on . For now im really happy with the performance booost i got when i brought Gtx 1050 , new cpu cooler and oced the cpu as far as i can . This case and mb originally holded sempron 3000+ , 512mb ram, geforce 6200le card and 120gb hdd :D couldnt run cod 4 with more than 30fps on lowest possible settings on 760p , while now im getting 50fps+ , V.High preset when playing Witcher 3 on 1080p

Hey :) its only 3rd cpu im oc'ing and i havent expected much success. Playing Overwatch on epic preset and getting almost same framerate with same gpu and no stutters even compared to 6700k and i5 :) damn ..... best 10eu spent in my life :D

Probably because the GPU, not the CPU is the limiting factor.

Disabled Quick Boot option :sn: badum....tsssss!
Stable 4GHZ on air cooler

hwjrc1.png

28s8svb.png

Last edited:
Back