• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Micron PC mobo and Pentium 1 cpu. Board wont see the hdd once into dos-prompt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

Old Micron PC mobo and Pentium 1 cpu. Board wont see the hdd once into dos-prompt

As the title says, I have an old Micron motherboard. Specs are here http://support.micronpc.com/apps/co...Desc=M55Hi+Plus+Rev+B+PCI/ISA+ATX+Motherboard. I run through setup in the bios and get it to recognize the hdd, but once in dos-prompt it says that there is no hdd to set up, or run scandisk or fdisk on other than the floppy. One other thing, the hdd that I am getting it to recognize in the bios is a 1.1 gig, as it wont recognize the 1.6, or the 2.1 gigs that came with it and where being used with it. Also, how do i run the bios update with this mobo, I dled it and have had it in the floppy at boot up and it says that no OS is detected. Thanks for any help on this subject.

repo man11

Puzzler on the drive. On the BIOS update, you'll need to have an MS DOS boot floppy with the .bin file and a flash utility on it. Win 9x, go to format, and "copy system files only", XP go to format and create an MS DOS start up disk. Or go to www.bootdisk.com.

OP
TUK101

TUK101

Went to bootdisk.com and got a boot disk. I dled the bios update, but how do I get to the bin file? I have done this once before with my ABIT mobo but do not know what program to use with this micron mobo.

repo man11

I just downloaded the file. It is an executable, you'll need to unzip it to a floppy, it has the flash utility and a readme file. Should be all you need.