• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old quadro fx1700 into z97?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I found in the good old junk pile an old fx 1700 quadro card.
when I search for A driver on the Nvidia site it kicks out A note book driver.
Will it work in A win10 desktop under win10 on A z97 board or might it brick the system?

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
The FX1700 shouldn't brick anything, but it may not be compatible with the Z97 UEFI (vs just plane ol' BIOS). The driver I looked up can be used with desktops or notebooks, so it is the correct one for your FX1700.

OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
Well, this was just wonderfully thought out.
The card has dual DVI outputs and I only have A monitor with HDMI and Display port inputs and no adapter and at this point I have trash canned all my junk or have it in storage while I try to get my new house built (Thanks for the delay covid crap) and I'm not going to get one at this point but, on the brighter side of things the local housing market has driven my home value up 15-20 percent during the delay due to nobody building anything but apartments in the area.