• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old School Athlon XP 2000+ Green vrs Brown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azuza001

So I was given some old, damaged computers the other day and have been working on them to see what parts still work and what didn't. Basically, I've got my hands on 2 Athlon XP 2000+ Procs that both work, but one is green and one is brown. They are both AX2000MT3C, AGOIA steppings with the numbers 27111 on the bottom left. The brown one has an N on the bottom right corner, where the green one has a B there.

I have had NO luck figuring out what type of core these guys are (I think they're Palomino's) based off of the info on these chips, nor any real explination as to why one would be green and one brown if they are the same core type. Could anyone here shed some light onto these old ruffiens? I'd like to re-build these things to give to family members who only need a machine for email and google.

bz2klag

LOL.

You almost make it sound as if these chips were useless. The just for email and google part. Heh. :)

OP
A

azuza001

They're not useless, but in this day and age of dual/quad core's of amazing speed they are on the cutting edge of obsolete. :p

Thanks Kuroimaho, I thought the green was newer but wasn't sure.

Kuroimaho

I disagree with these being obsolete, the industry evolves very rapidly and tries to sell to people to make them upgrade, still these processors would be just fine for the vast majority of computer users.
At least they are designing and selling more energy efficient and cheaper processors which should do just fine for most of the people who need a pc.
In a few years I would not be surprised if someone buys a new tele and they would ask if he wants it with a built in pc for a little extra.