• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Skool Glaciator Question (fan related)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Well i have the Millenium Glaciator 1, with the stock fan. IT is lapped pretty good using AS3. Well at 1330 default speed, i get liek 37 idle adn 41c load, and at 1578 which i run at now 1.825vcore i get like 41c idle and 46c load. Not AWESOME temps but not bad by any means.

I will probably upgrade teh 60mm fan to a better 60 mm one, i found a Thermaltake 60mm that is less db adn more cfm but the problem is that when i put my had around the Glaciator it feels as if the fan is blowing down toward teh HS, i am 9% sure that it is as i feel NO air coming of the top of the fan out the grille, and alot of air being pushed out the sides.

Can anyone verify if the Glaciator fan blows in or sucks out. And which way is better, meaning should i get a fan that sucks out of the HS instaead of blowing in.

My Glaciator 1 blows down into the heatsink and that is how it was designed to operate. Given the effort that went into developing it, I bet the designer tried both directions before deciding on blow. Your temperatures are not out of line, by any stretch of the imagination. I would not mess with it, unless the fan fails.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot to confirm my beliefs, do you think that upgrading to the CoolerMaster HHC-001 would be worth it, will it get me a few c decrease? IYO

Yes, a lapped HHC-001 will yield a few degrees improvement over the Glaciator 1, though it is louder.

Hoot

Back