• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omega Drivers and 3Dmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dethshaft

I am sorta having a dilemma and thught amybe someone might be able to help.

a few months ago my setup had 512 MB of RAM and a processor running at 2.9. The card I am using is a Sapphire ATI 9800 np flashed to pro. These benches were done with the Catalyst 3.7's. The card is overclocked to 414/380 and my benches are:

2003- 6059
2001- 15,881

Now, with a processor running at 3.33 and 1 gig of RAM, I get a score of 5100-5200 in 3Dmark 2003!!! This is running the omega 3.10's

I uninstall all things ATI, then delete the folder. After that i boot in Safe mode and run the cab cleaner so I know that it isnt left over files cauing this problem.

I have heard that Omega drivers are known to give you lower scores but do they really hurt them this bad?! The only other explanation I might have is a could have damaged my card when removing the heatsink BUT I doubt that because I don't get any weird artifacting (except twice things got a little haywire with artifacting but after a quick restart everything was fine).

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
wannaoc said:
From what I understand Omegas are not good for purely benchmarking, they are mainly designed for gaming which accounts for a little lower scores.

yeah but this seems like far from a little. I mean 1000 points difference? I would go ahead and uninstall these and put in the Catalysts but I want to know if this is normal or not.

I just did a run of 3dMark 2001 and I yielded 19400 points which is a large increase from what i had before. If I remember correctly, doesnt 2003 test the graphics card more and 2001 tests the RAM and CPU? If so than I can see that the problem is with the drivers.

Last edited:
Well I put in the Cat 3.10's and I still get around 5100 in 3Dmark 2003. I just defragged but I have no idea what is going on. If I set the resolution to 800x600 I get 6400 but I do not know what the standard is for comparison. EXACTLY what should I set everything to?

If worse comes to worse I will just reinstall windows and see if that helps:(

Back