• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omg!!!!!!! Mobile Tbreds At Newegg!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. $T$

WTF !? will that fit into a regular socket?

I bet there are 2200+ that did not make the cut. so thay demoted them as MOBILE

Kaneda

19-103-343-01.JPG

mobile chips

OP
tbirdkiri

tbirdkiri

they are full fledged socket A, they just use less power... thats it..

so think about it like this, they probly overclock like mad. cause the are probly underrated higherend cpus

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ Throughbred /333 FSB Processor CPU 1700+/ 1.47GHz -OEM, AXDA1700DLT3C The Ultimate Digital Media Experience in an x86 Platform.Tailored for Microsoft® Windows® XP. Featuring QuantiSpeed Architecture for Rapid Execution of Applications. Tomorrow’s Technology Today.The Power of a Reliable Partner.
Specifications:
CPU: 1.47 GHz
Type: 1700 XP
Cache: 256K
BUS: 333MHz
Socket A (PGA)

hmm 333? :)
ok its a tbred.BUT its a airga ,this is a revision A.still is a tbred tho.and 166 fsb? i question that until i looky at the codes closer. had to blow it up to get this.

Last edited:
OP
tbirdkiri

tbirdkiri

could we get someone to by one of the 1600+s mobiles? i would really love to see the performance on one..

specific

of course, these are -A t'breds. i've been wishing for these for a long time now. but these aren't the prices i was hoping for.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
well im almost posative im correct in saying newegg is listing that 1700 at 333fsb is INCORRECT! the last letter of the code is "C" and that letter is designated by amd as 266.

its also airga stepping.looks like 0232 is the week.$75 ? a bit much id say.

Top Hat Theater

I've had one of these for nearly four months now. Got it from a guy who got it at a flea market of sorts. Runs on 1.55 Vcore. It's the 2100 in my main rig in fact. My complaint is that they run really hot.

~THT

Punkmasterflick

Look close at the l1 bridges... they don't have the laser cuts in them! The L5 and L3 brides don't either... Would make for an easy unlock :)

dropadrop

But seriously there must be some performance cut down in those mobile t-breds. If amd was able to make processors that only run on 1.5v, don't you think they'd try to make all of them run with as little voltage as possible? Amd has a temperature problem with all their chips, and suddenly they could make chips that run cooler, but only do it for laptops? I don't think so...

OC Detective

Mr. $T$ said:
WTF !? will that fit into a regular socket?

I bet there are 2200+ that did not make the cut. so thay demoted them as MOBILE

the mobile athlons only go up to XP2000+, the MP to MP2200+, the other 2200+ is a regular T-bred.

OC Detective

dropadrop said:
But seriously there must be some performance cut down in those mobile t-breds. If amd was able to make processors that only run on 1.5v, don't you think they'd try to make all of them run with as little voltage as possible? Amd has a temperature problem with all their chips, and suddenly they could make chips that run cooler, but only do it for laptops? I don't think so...
Ah but they use "Power Now" Technology!! It allows the processor to run at different frequencies and voltages depending on CPU demand.

dropadrop

Ah but they use "Power Now" Technology!! It allows the processor to run at different frequencies and voltages depending on CPU demand.

Does it require support from the motherboard? This would basicly mean that under heavy load it would use the same amount of voltage and frequency as a normal processor? I don't really see any point in it then, 'cause the only times my processor get's really hot is under heavy load...

Emericana

mobile tbreds are tbreds that use less power and overclock like CRAZY. i saw a guy on a forum (dont remember if it was [H] or xtremesys) that had a mobile 1900 and got it to 2.2ghz w/ 1.9v... crazy stuff

i want one but they are so expensive!!!! they are more than pentium 4's!

EDIT: btw i am not sure if you guys knew this but ALL tbreds, are unlocked. you need a new kt400 board to unlock 2100+ and above (because they use high mults) but 2000+ and below are unlocked on KT333 boards.

that tbred 1700+ is looking very tempting....