• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG My little sister jammed a chopstick on my LCD monitor...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttfrog

OMFG my little sister jammed a blunt chopstick on my LCD monitor and tnow there is this thing that looks like a freaking BULLET Mark on the cneter of my SCREEN!! :( :( :( :( :( ... its like the color is messed up there, and tehre is one little black partand there's like a halo around it... OMGsadGJASIDGJASDIGJAOSDJDASOJAJDSOJADSG IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX THIS?!?! I'm so ANGRY AND SAD AND ALLASDIGJASDGADG PLEAse... :(

mage_x

theres a hole in your monitor?i really doubt theres a way to fix it :p

OP
T

ttfrog

She didnt make a hole in the monitor. It looks like something is cracked underneath... OMG.. Is this really unfixable?!?!?!? ASDIJGAISJDGDASOGJASIDJGASJDGSADOIGJASDG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH dsgASJDGJIASDG

vanillasky

Registered
yep, new screen...

i really hate when that happens, especially with something new... i busted a brand new gameboy one time... that was the coolest thing to see, but yea... it's done for

Robrules18

yep the crystals are ***ed you need a new screen, hope its still under warranty... Or else your sister better shell out, (yet another reason why i prefer good old american spoons for eating food with :D)

But why did your sister do that, mad at you? accident?

cypher

Robrules18 said:
yep the crystals are ***ed you need a new screen, hope its still under warranty... Or else your sister better shell out, (yet another reason why i prefer good old american spoons for eating food with :D)

But why did your sister do that, mad at you? accident?

Now what kind or warranty covers a chopstick through the screen?

specific

cypher said:

Now what kind or warranty covers a chopstick through the screen?

If it's a laptop screen, CompUSA's warranty covers that kind of thing.

Their 2 year replacement plan on desktop LCD's would cover something like power surge damage/lightening. (wink-wink)

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
vanillasky said:
yep, new screen...

i really hate when that happens, especially with something new... i busted a brand new gameboy one time... that was the coolest thing to see, but yea... it's done for
Welcome to the forums. :)

alpha_gamer

Uh... you guys want his little sister to pay for the monitor? If he calls her his "little sister" and she is dumb enough to jab his monitor with a freaking chop stick I doubt she has that much cash, let alone be able to count that high. And I don't think a lemonaid stand would cover the costs either. Good luck trying to get it covered in your warranty man.

cobray

Did you try contacting the place where you bought it, and see what they say about covering it under warranty?
I woudnt try to make up a "creative tale" about what happened. Most reputable places will work with you to get it replaced under warranty or for some nominal charge, even if it is your fault.

OP
T

ttfrog

I've contacted the manufacturer about a replacement... or repair or whatever.. Umm I haven't gotten a response yet though. I hope I get a response that is ... desirable... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.