• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG My little sister jammed a chopstick on my LCD monitor...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy O, does that suck. Sorry... lol that really sucks. Hrm.. I guess there is somthing good about CTRs:D
If (when?) I get one I will be sure to watch all pets and small childern (or older people who act like smaller childeren) when they are near.

alpha_gamer said:
Ignoring my earlier comment about you're little sister's lack of funds, SUE YOUR LITTLE SISTER!

LOL sue your little sister, how old is she, becouse if she over the age of 5 she should know better. That dose sux what happened to you monitor. Hopefully you can get a new one for free. GOOD LUCK!

Can you post some pics of the monitor? I'd like to see what's happened, LCD's go funny colours when you press on them. Is it something like that?

lol its not really like that... and apparently when I called samsung about the problem my monitor's serial number had anohter problem with not coming out of power saving mode correctly!! (my batch of this monitor) WOW Samsung is replacing my monitor for no charge... damn.. their customer service rocks. Either that or I'm damn lucky I got unlucky with this batch of monitors lolololol!!!

That's great :)
For anyone in the future, most CSR's are normal empathetic people believe it or not. If you tell them the truth, you just may get lucky like ttfrog.

Just remember not to straight out lie about things, that's just not moral or ethical and forces us to eat the cost.

Again nice break (no pun intended), and gotta hand it to Samsung for excellent CSR.

haha, yeah, this was really funny, and it's a feel-good laugh too now that we know ur getting a new one for free. seriously... chopsticks... is she some kind of ninja? too bad no pics... hint hint

sorry.. dont have a digi-cam ... lol Its kind of interesting but it aint anything to gawk at... at least i don tthink...

it would be rather difficult to make a blunt chopstick go through glass......

Hmm you could probably sell your sister.

I know I would.

Or she can sell lemonade till she's 18, give you the money and if you add 100 $ you could get a new LCD, maybe.

:D

j/k:p

Im glad they are replacing it. I guess you got lucky by being unlucky. :D Have you told your parents about it? If I were you I say make your sister give you 20 bucks for emotional damages.

I remember years ago I was at a friends house using his dad's laptop. It was a Pentium 133. The mouse pointer thing that was just a little nub in the keyboard was worn down to the plastic which was a tiny small square. Well anyway, I closed the lid and was reaching back to grab a cable from behind the desk. I think I put my elbow on the laptop and it pushed the screen down onto that black square. When I opened the lid, there was a discolored mark where it happened. I kinda freaked. After a few minutes though it went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back