• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG My little sister jammed a chopstick on my LCD monitor...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im glad you got it replaced... but dont you think your sister deserves some sort of punishment? Like a good ol crazy-mob-pushes-little-girl-off-the-cliff style?

I think when the screen turns that color, it is the actual pixels of the screen being broken inside the layers of the screen. I think there is some sort of liquid inside these layers that probably leaked a little internally. You get that smudged look because several aqjacent pixels have leaked into each other by being poked. I have had 3 regular calculators do this as well as a p166 7750 compaq laptop do this. Someone please correct me if i am wrong on this, since i am just going by my best guesses.

Mate,

Sad to hear that. Give tiny sister a hug and post your pics in the Hardware Destruction thread in my sig :)

Thread is a bit old eh? :D

i could see the lemonade stand

"help i raiz moneys cuz i borke my broders puter wit a chopxstik"

voodoomelon said:
Would be funny if his sister did it again to the replacement screen. Well i know i'd laugh...

:p

This time instead of a chopstick she took a hammer to it. lol.

heh that's another advantage of my CRT, I have little kids in the hours, so it won't easily damage as a LCD...........yeah debatable

Maybe you could ask the new Mods to do it. David has 1 lock to his name, its gotta be mdcomp this time :)

tHe L0ckrz spam00z0r! Grrrrrr......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... me big haxx0z

PS*
Maybe the dangerous lil sis stabbed the dude :p

Come on guys, you all know better. I mean, it was funny, but really didn't have much value.

/Applying my first threadlock

If you have any questions or comments or death threats, please don't hesitate to pm me.
:p

Matt

Damn you Matt, you beat me to it! I call dibs on the next one :D. PS My choice of green is nicer than yours :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back