• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG What a chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jdmcnudgent said:
ok, im not calling you a liar, but it looks like the screen shot says 165fsb. 185fsb would be 3330, but it sure looks like 165.:eh?:

Sure looks like 185 to me. People sure are quick to, 'discount' others claims when they are amazingly fortunate such as this fellow with the 1.8 @ 3.3+.

These days you have to have the, 'dream team' representing you before you can post a success story. :rolleyes:

-out.

To avoid the confusion between 165 and 185, I just pumped this baby to 190. So she is running 190 X 18=3420. 100% air cool.

God I really fall in love with this chip!!

Wow!!! P4 1.8A (C1) SL6LA right? almost 90% overclock? Can you tell me the VCore and the temp. of the chip? Are you using standard Intel HSF? Congrats maann....

Definetely I want this SL6LA for christmas!!!

holy SH.. who would have thought that dell gives such good chips ;)

but we dont care about wcpuid. we want benchies.

AZN

Looking good... even WCPUID at such an extreme overclock is quite a feat. Could you please also test the system with Prime95? That program is a good measure of workable OC speed.

That's AWESOME man.....If you don't want to keep this chip then I CAN....he,he,he.....I bet on a Prometeia could do about 3600 to 3700MHz this think..... :D

hmm now this is really crazy
i somehow just can't believe it
how can this 1,8 c1 chip on aircooling overclock better than my 2,8 on prometeia cooling ...
for running prime stable @3300 i need 1,625 vcore
and some 60mhz more and i can't even run prime @1,85 vcore ...

and is your 2.8 prime stable @3640mhz hipro5 ?
i just can't understand why everybody else always can oc higher than me under same or even worse conditions

i begin to hate oc'ing :/

Last edited:
First off thanks dzee for the tip for posting pics.

Now it's getting even more amzing : 3.5GHz at 1.625V. All screen shots as following (if this server works):

CPUID_3500.JPG

MBM.JPG

Sandra.JPG

Sandra_M.JPG

Super Pi.JPG

Prime95.JPG

Horus said:
hmm now this is really crazy
i somehow just can't believe it
how can this 1,8 c1 chip on aircooling overclock better than my 2,8 on prometeia cooling ...
for running prime stable @3300 i need 1,625 vcore
and some 60mhz more and i can't even run prime @1,85 vcore ...

and is your 2.8 prime stable @3640mhz hipro5 ?
i just can't understand why everybody else always can oc higher than me under same or even worse conditions

i begin to hate oc'ing :/

There's NO WAY to be Prime stable at 3640MHz man....The Promie CAN'T handle it......It's 3630MHz SETI Stable but Prime NO WAY..... ;)

so how can this guy be prim stable @ 3500 and air cooling
when i see his results i could just run amok
i just hope for him it's all fake
otherwise i would have to kill him :D

System components as following:
IT7 max Bios AV
P4 1.8 C1 stepping SL6LA
AX478 with TT fan at 50cfm
Corsair xms 3000c2 (2 3 5 3 at 2.7V)
Maxtor 80gig 7200 ATA 133
Diamond TNT2(I know it sucks that's why I don't even bother posting 3DMark. But I did run a bench and the score is "eye popping" too 2351 LOL
CDROM, LiteON 40X12X48

3500 she is running with 1.625 Vcore (MBM reads 1.57 at full load). I got a feeling she might be able to run 3600 at 1.7V. Will post further amazing results later on.

Horus said:
so how can this guy be prim stable @ 3500 and air cooling
when i see his results i could just run amok
i just hope for him it's all fake
otherwise i would have to kill him :D

It just can't be Prime STABLE at 3500MHz man....

S-Sandra yes.....but Prime No way.....If he can ran Prime at that frequency he'd better post a full screen shot of his desktop with Prime and WCPUID together..... ;)

Back