• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

omg what the hell crysis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CURTO

omg seriously how long has this game been out for..
and yet theres still not a setup that gives you 60+ fps all the time like any normal game
unless.. i cant remember clearly, but crossfire 5970s is meant to be the king setup of graphics cards
even then its still not that good
how long was crytek working on this game man, cause theyve done well i have to say

The 5970 handles it fine the i7 bottlenecks lol. I think the 5970 will do better when the hexacores come out..... if you take a 2.5ghz i7 and bring it to 3.0 then 3.5 you will see a major difference which I never saw with the 4890.

Just think 4 years down the line crysis will be considered mid to low graphics and everything will look 2x better.

In some ways, it doesnt even look that good now. I dont see a real CPU bottleneck with my current CPU and setup, but I would be interested to see how my FPS would improve with a 965 running at 4ghz.

The 5970 handles it fine the i7 bottlenecks lol. I think the 5970 will do better when the hexacores come out..... if you take a 2.5ghz i7 and bring it to 3.0 then 3.5 you will see a major difference which I never saw with the 4890.

Just think 4 years down the line crysis will be considered mid to low graphics and everything will look 2x better.

wait you mean the i9's?
you know whats ****ing me off about crysis?
the fact that i cant get crossfire to work
the only bloody game ive got that wont use crossfire
ive tried that r_MultiGPU = 1 thing and yea nah
im at 1.2 and yea nah
maybe its got something to do with the mster config that i got on
anyways yea
did you mean i9 instead of i7?
with the 2.5 to 3 to 3.5
i get all these random issues when i OC mine to 3.2 lol

wait you mean the i9's?
you know whats ****ing me off about crysis?
the fact that i cant get crossfire to work
the only bloody game ive got that wont use crossfire
ive tried that r_MultiGPU = 1 thing and yea nah
im at 1.2 and yea nah
maybe its got something to do with the mster config that i got on
anyways yea
did you mean i9 instead of i7?
with the 2.5 to 3 to 3.5
i get all these random issues when i OC mine to 3.2 lol

Well the 5970 or whatever its called will reach its full potential in an i9 but I do currently mean overclocking an i7.. it can reach 4ghz on some setups. Unless its a very odd coincidince that when I clock my i7 harder the 59 the friend let me borrow gets a better framerate than when the i7 is clocked lower.

Crossfire should work... I saw this Open up Notepad. Enter these two lines:

con_restricted=0
r_multigpu =1

Save the file as autoexec. Right click on the file and rename it autoexec.cfg. It will ask you to confirm, say yes.

Put this file in the root of your Crysis installation (usually C:\Program Files\EA\Crytek\Crysis.)

Which you already mentioned you tried... are you running the latest drivers? They are sopposed to fix this issue with crossfire.

Please excuse my typing ability.... im tired english is not my first language and I am working on my 7th beer :) :beer:

I find that it looks better than most games though even at high settings and at high settings it runs on par with most other games. I don't judge a game based on weather or not I can run it at high settings rather I judge it based on how it looks compared to other games.

Well the 5970 or whatever its called will reach its full potential in an i9 but I do currently mean overclocking an i7.. it can reach 4ghz on some setups. Unless its a very odd coincidince that when I clock my i7 harder the 59 the friend let me borrow gets a better framerate than when the i7 is clocked lower.

Crossfire should work... I saw this Open up Notepad. Enter these two lines:

con_restricted=0
r_multigpu =1

Save the file as autoexec. Right click on the file and rename it autoexec.cfg. It will ask you to confirm, say yes.

Put this file in the root of your Crysis installation (usually C:\Program Files\EA\Crytek\Crysis.)

Which you already mentioned you tried... are you running the latest drivers? They are sopposed to fix this issue with crossfire.

Please excuse my typing ability.... im tired english is not my first language and I am working on my 7th beer :) :beer:

yea ive looked all over the net and nah, cant get it working
ive got the ultra config mod on
xp dx9, 1920 x 1200, no aa
and yea i tried what you said and no works
in fact with crossfire disabled i more fps :shrug:
im up the level where you invade the village and save the asian chick with psycho
and im getting like avg 20 with crossfire on and 25ish with crossfire off
and its not my setup either cause crossfire works awesome in other games
bloody crysis

V. High with no AA I get 45-60 fps depending on the area, with occasional dips to 35-40.

Haven't tried it on my i7 system yet, but I'm looking forward to playing through again. :D

V. High with no AA I get 45-60 fps depending on the area, with occasional dips to 35-40.

Haven't tried it on my i7 system yet, but I'm looking forward to playing through again. :D

thats gay lol, i didnt even get those fps on "high"
im down to one 4890 now until i get me a 5870
crysis seems to like nvidia architecture huh..

my 8800GTS went all the way through the game on v high settings with no AA just fine, I didnt have the fps numbers on the screen but it never lagged so doubt it went below 30fps (however I do run at a lower resolution)

but ye, crysis does favor NVIDIA

Back