• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On-die thermistor readings on any new boards? (8K3A?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falceron

Registered
Do any of the new motherboards report on-die temperatures? I'm especially interested in whether the 8K3A does or not.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
I seem to remembering having read that the 8k3a/+ boards do not read the xp processors temperature sensor, its also no where in the manual (unless of course i turn out to be illiterate and just missed it), they do however have a sensor on the motherboard taht will read the temperature of the cpu, though many have been reporting inflated readings from it (as much as 10 C)

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
your welcome,

and dont let this information scare you away from this board, aside from the temperature readout problems on some boards (mine seem to be fine) and the problem which should shortly be addressed by a bios update dealing with the async ram timings, the board is a solid performer and i wouldt take it over any other board :)

OP
Falceron

Falceron

Registered
If I were buying a board right now it would definately be the one I'd go for heh.. I'm waiting to see what happens with the TBred if it EVER comes out!