• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

onboard or audigy or santa cruz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tutrinh

I have an abit IT7 Max2 V2 and it has onsound board ( I believe 6-Channel AC 97 CODEC on board ).
Is this onboard sound sastifactory??? Shoul I pull out the pocket to get an Audigy 1/2???
thnx
;)

cerberus

depends on how much of an audiophile you are.. if you just want basic gaming sound onboard will be acceptable... both the audigy and santa cruz are good cards with good options... i personally like the santa cruz better but i have an audigy and like it as well

kaltag

I'm using the santa cruz right now due to the audigy not liking dual proc systems and I have to say I think the quality is excellent!! Only draw back is no optical output :(

OP
T

tutrinh

I check and those 2 card cost me and I am on a really tight budget. I come down only can get a Fortissimo II for $10. Would this beat my onboard sound with a wide margin????
thanks

KnowlesTech

I want to be a Beta Tester
Firmly believes in SB LIVE and AUDIGY!!!

tutrinh, I just bought an AUdigy for 45$ shipped in the classifieds of this site.

OP
T

tutrinh

yes.
But since I am doing RAID and I saw somewhere if they disable the audigy raid speed will increase 15mb/s. I got the fortissimo for only $10 and I don't know if it worth to replace the onboard sound or not.

snyper1982

stick it in and try it, the only person who is really going to know whether it is good or not is you, audio quality varys greatly by user.