• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard sound for Gigabyte 8IEXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NS13Stinger

Anyone know how to enable the digital side of the onboard sound for the Gigabyte 8IEXP motherboard? I have the Optical out/RCA adapter plugged into the SPDIF connector on the motherboard, but, do I have to "enable" it somehow or can I just plug in my fiber optical cable from my stereo to have 5.1 sound? Also, I'm sure that I have to have the desktop speaker system that is capable of processing 5.1 sound, like the Klipsch series, right? I already have a home theater system that can do 5.1, but I would rather leave my computer where it is instead of taking it in my living room. Thanks for reading...

skahtul

You do not need any special speakers. If i were to get new ones just make sure they are "Digital" speakers thats all. The SPDIF will be in the options menu if it is an option. I know nothing about those motherboards.