• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One Billion !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Well, as of the 9pm CST update, I have joined the 10 digit club!

Took me about 10 years to get here.

Though with the weather last night, I had to turn some computers back on after the power went out. Looks like I need to replace some batteries in my battery backups.

Also, when I came into work this morning, one of my cards was dead. Fortunately I have a spare I can swap it out with tomorrow.

Congratulations !!

A huge milestone for you, FAH and team 32.

Don't forget your certificate:

Attachments

• torin3 certificate 1 billion.jpg
    torin3 certificate 1 billion.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 53
Whoa, good work Torin! I haven't been on this site for a while and I just let by 7970 cook away the last few months. I am happy it has put me in the top 100 now.

Whoa, good work Torin! I haven't been on this site for a while and I just let by 7970 cook away the last few months. I am happy it has put me in the top 100 now.

Thanks!

In my experience, for the big numbers, in addition to having more than one machine running, you've got to keep them running long term. You may not be the fastest one out there, but a lot of fast ones tend to burn out.

Thanks!

In my experience, for the big numbers, in addition to having more than one machine running, you've got to keep them running long term. You may not be the fastest one out there, but a lot of fast ones tend to burn out.

Totally true. You won't hit a billion points with out dedication to keeping things running through all kinds of adversity. That makes your billion points even more impressive because it represents years of folding.

Congrats on the 1 billion point milestone. Great to have another billionaire on our team.

Congrats on the 1 billion point milestone. Great to have another billionaire on our team.

Thanks! That makes 6 of us. 3 at 1 billion and 3 at 2 billion.

Though at the rate you are going, another 3 months and we will have our first 3 billion point user, you!

Oh, and here is the cause of the card I mentioned in the OP going down:

fans.jpg

The oil/coolant we use seems to make some plastics VERY brittle.

Back