• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One final upgrade.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dasoahc

Hey,
I am looking to do one final upgrade to this system with a BH6 mobo. I am eyeing the slot 1 1000mhz 100 fsb processor but I don't think that abit offically supports the 10x clock speed with this board, has anyone on here tried this processor?

Also, am I correct in assuming that the geforce2 is the fastest video card that will support the 2x agp?

dasoahc said:
Hey,
I am looking to do one final upgrade to this system with a BH6 mobo. I am eyeing the slot 1 1000mhz 100 fsb processor but I don't think that abit offically supports the 10x clock speed with this board, has anyone on here tried this processor?

Also, am I correct in assuming that the geforce2 is the fastest video card that will support the 2x agp?

The GF3 cards will also accept 2x AGP but the GF2 Ultra works just fien.

As for the 1ghz 100mhz Slot 1 PIII. You will have a rough time finding one and if you do, look to pay big time for it. This is a rare bird indeed. If you do get one then it should work by all accounts on the BH6.

I had a BH6 mobo several years ago, a fine board in it's day, but it's day is long past. Time for a new mobo. If you insist on keeping this antique, then use a good slotket and get a socket 370 coppermine P-III or Celeron.

slot 1 1000mhz 100 fsb processor - Very Very hard to find (that's why i got a new computer instead of upgrading). You can always go for a celeron :rolleyes:

Back