• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

one quick question for the network guys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonathan

Registered
i just hooked up a small network at my house (for file sharing and printer sharing) for some reason one computer reboots for no reason at all. the only thing i did was used a crossover cable and ran the "network wizard" in windows xp. any idea's

thanks in advance
jonathan

let me know if i left anything out.

DanFraser

That doesnt sound nice...

I would suggest a different network card and see what happens. Is there any correlation with the crashing to what you are doing on the computer? Lets have some more details about this crashing, do you get a message about recovering from a serious error on bootup? And so on and so on...

OP
J

jonathan

Registered
well i got the reboot prob taken care of, i believe it was a driver problem. now i just have to figure out how to network xp to redhat 8.0 . that wasn't a problem before because i had xp on both rigs in the past but changed one to 8.0 yesterday.
thanks for the replys guys