• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ONE WHO KNOWS ALL ABOUT THE A7v8x , PLEASE STEP FOWARD!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GosuWar

Registered
Ok first off, this board id SUPPOSE to support up to 400 DDR Ram, but it obviously won't go past 187 according to many.

IS there a way to correct this?

How high is it possible to overclock an AMD Athlon 2200/2400 using the A7v8x motherboard w/ good aircooling down to about 30c?

If you know how to make this mobo run at its best and correct all the errors, please step foward and let yourself be knooown!

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
It is hard to find someone who "Knows All" about the A7V8X when clearly ASUS themselves do not know all about it yet. The frequent bios revisions testify to that fact. They are struggling to get the most performance out of the board also.

I sincerely do not believe that peoples memory is holding them back, but moreover, the lack of a 1/6 PCI divisor. When you jack up the FSB you are also jacking up the PCI and hence AGP buses to their limits.

Failure to POST, load an OS, or make it through 3D Mark does not give much insight into an equation of many variables, such as modern motherboards on the "Bleeding Edge of Technology".

Patience will prevail, much like the A7V333 took quite some time to ripen.

Hoot

Shaotai

You can manually set the memory to run at 400DDR FSB, but it doesn't give you any perf boost. You can also set the memory to 333DDR, which runs really good, faster than the 400DDR setting. Most people just lower their multiplier, up the FSB around 166 and are happy at that...
I know I am!!:D

Post your questions and we'll try to help!!:beer:

IR1

So what is the newest revision I have 1008 flashed it when I got the board last month.

So far im very happy with it. My agoia does 166 fsb with stock voltage right outa the box yesterday. When my sk-7 and tornado leaf blower fan arrives we see. Gonna be burning it in so it can maybe go higher.

I really wish it had the 1/6 divider!!!! Why doesnt it work is it a bios or a hardware problem, certaintly hope its bios. though Asus probably doesnt know why 1/6 doesnt work.

Shaotai

I think the latest bios is 1009 and a few people have had good luck with the latest beta bios, which is 1010.002. I haven't heard if there is a 1/6 divider, but it looks to be an issue with the chipset itself... I hope a bios fix comes out, but none of the board makers have a fix so it doesn't look likely...:confused:

Looks like you got a great chip! Let us know your results!