• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OOOPS! I broke something!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sam

Registered
On my video card I broke off two of those little rectagular things on the PCB beside the RAM chips. What will happen if I try to boot with this card on my mobo?

spanx

Registered
sam (Jul 31, 2001 03:07 p.m.):
On my video card I broke off two of those little rectagular things on the PCB beside the RAM chips. What will happen if I try to boot with this card on my mobo?

DO NOT even think of trying it, the last person i know that did that fried the mobo, vcard, cpu all in one boot.

Sorry, but they are the most important part of the card, besides the gpu.

OP
S

sam

Registered
I tried it and it works fine.... lol..... however i did get an error about some sort of "ram" and something about a "Ram BIOS"......

it works... but not stable!

It_The_Cow

sam (Aug 01, 2001 02:06 a.m.):
I tried it and it works fine

it works... but not stable!
Oxymoron, eh? It was probably a bit dangerous to fire it up, but hey, it would have given you an excuse to upgrade, right

Bobby Manus

Eil Atan (Aug 01, 2001 02:16 a.m.):
hehehe... works, but not stable... sounds like most of my computer adventures! ???

Me breaking my mobo last friday is cuasing me to upgrade from a 933mhz p3 to a new 1.3ghz amd ddr rig :-D Gunna send me about 350$ in the whole though after the mobo/processer/ddr/ 50$ hs/f!! since when are these things 50$?! LOL my alpha pal 6035 was like 30$ and top of the line at the time! Hey whats going on here ! :D