• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Open air case revisited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeneticDrift

Registered
here she is........................

sorry about the tiny size but this board is anal about the image size...................

DaveSauce

er......in that situation you should use flat IDE. Round IDE cables do in fact cause interference, and can slow performance and possible cause data corruption. If you dont absolutely need them, then you shouldnt use them....

oh yea, and use this, rather than your static-filled table...hehe...SenFu DIY Tech Station

Heh, I would grab a nice big room fan and aiming it at that thing, lol. theres some air flow for ya.

a1cnolan

so how much that case run ya?

but seriously... i really like the idea... if i didn't have cats id do something like that...ever think about watercooling it?what are your temps like under load....btw the sideways hardrive thing... probably helps alot with the heat that get trapped under there in a normal case..all together not a bad idea

OP
GeneticDrift

GeneticDrift

Registered
no one has noticed the modified heatsink setup on the 9700.......

all temps are unbelieveable, i run idle at 85 degrees and under 100 playing ut2003! in my case i would get to 125 under load even with a ton of fans blowing thru. i dont see myself ever going back to a case again. this is so convinient, i love it. once a week i use compressed air and its clean as new.