• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OpenCL.dll killing GPU folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robert17

Premium Member
As the title says, my GPU folding tanked after this week's WinTen update to 1607. I've looked at various 'fixes' on the intertubes, tried one from MS, and haven't found how to fix it. The Error says 'OpenCL.dll missing' when I start up the F@H client. CPU runs folding, no GPU. I checked my NVidia drivers thinking maybe they had been updated or rolled back but that didn't happen. Also uninstalled F@H client including data and reinstalled to no effect.

Thoughts?

when all else fails, re-install the video driver. download from the nvidia site. either the hotfix driver for fah, or pre-375xx.

I just got this as well. Reinstalled the video driver. 378.48 is the hotfix, and 378.49 was what I downloaded, and it seems to be working fine. Just checked and running 593K ppd on 2 GTX 970 cards.

Yeah, I've got the 378.48 installed already. Guess I can roll back to the 373.06 but I'm still wondering what's the WinTen update having this impact?

Yeah, I've got the 378.48 installed already. Guess I can roll back to the 373.06 but I'm still wondering what's the WinTen update having this impact?

Uninstall 378.48 and then reinstall it. Should take about 10 minutes or so if you've already downloaded it.

Thanks, yeah, I just booted back up on the 373.06 install after uninstalling the 378.48. Checked my GPU slot and it's back in order. I'd thought of simply uninstalling 378.48, then reinstalling, then couldn't find the folder for it on my storage drive, but found the 373.06. I'll re-perform the task later. At least WinTen's latest headache is easily sovlable. Thanks guys.

Back