• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinion on Crossfire graphics please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LAPIII

I've got a Crossfire enabled motherboard that supports 4 video cards and I want to know if The AMD Radeon R series has any significant advancement in technology over the AMD HD series, specifically an HD 6870 which is the minimum requirements for a game I have. Anything besides things like fabrication processes, steam processors, and clocks which I think can just be added up amongst all of the video cards.

Most specs are apples and oranges (you can't compare clock speed of one series card against the clock of another series). Best way to compare is to read a professional review of the later-released card (as it possibly has data from the older card) and see how the benchmarks compare. The only shortcoming of this is that the reviews often don't update their data on the older cards to account for how drivers have improved performance since they last tested it.

Back