• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

opinion on the BEST DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoJapKid

Registered
I was trying to get an idea on the best DDR ram for overclocking. I need the best and am confused about everyone claiming to be the best.

the best?

You'll be even more confused soon, as everyone here considers something else to be the best... I prefere my Kingmax pc333. Alot of people swear by their Crucial, and it seems Mushkin and Corsair are good too. I guess if you read through a couple of threads here you will get all the awnsers though.

The truth is that you have your good brands, and some are better than others and then the largest part is just preferrence. Everyone here has different companies that they swear by. I am just going to break it down for you so you can decide by yourself. You have PC2100, PC2400, and PC2700. Now a lot of RAM that is rated at 2400 and 2700 is still 2100 but it is better and is clocked up. Now that the new industry standard supports PC2700 now, you will start to see companies producing real PC2700. And PC2700 is the fastest and would be considered the best. So if you want the "best" DDR RAM then buy PC2700, but only from a company that you have researched and one that offers a lifetime warrenty is always a good thing.

Good luck.

Well ... I bought me some PC2100 from muskin back when they were cheap. I got 2 sticks of basic 256mb that I use right now and got that to overclock up till the mobo limits (147MHz). I also got some PC2700 and that was from OCZ. Now I am seeing PC3000 which I find curious. Is PC3000 a supported standard or a glorified PC2100 or PC2700. DDR running at 333MHz sounds good to me but I dont see any in CAS2, so I am wondering if it has just been glorified.

Ocz 3000 is not true 3000 ddr just overclocked random memory chips.
You might get a good stick that will run 3000 and might not.
Not a very reliable brand.

In short no.
Jedec set's the offical standards for memory and so far have not even set offical standards for 2700 ddr but it should be soon for 2700.

Back