• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions of the Gigabyte 8IRXP please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RatFink

Registered
I'm thinking about replacing my P4B266-c with one of these, what do you think?

Thanx

I have both and I kinda like them both hehe, if you're looking for onboard LAN/Sound/Raid then you won't go wrong with 8IRXP.. Also you don't need to mod your CPU for any extra vcore voltage, in another word, it can go up to 1.85v by default :) .. P4B266-c is what I'm using right now, but nothing onboard.. Both will give you the same performance, but 8IRXP has more options :)

actually the voltage is what I'm after, my chip seems to love the stuff. I'm at 1.775 now just to get 140 fsb, and I have no delusions of ASUS releasing a new BIOS any time soon.

b4 u go throwing that board away...i should tell u the asus pb266 has test beta bios which allows vCore voltage of up to 2+ volts :eek: thats way more than my GA-8iRXP :(... just found out an hour ago..now trying to see if there is something similar for my GA-8IRXP :eh?:

that bios is for the P4B266... I have the P4B266-C... I don't think it works with my board, please correct me if I'm wrong.

RatFink said:
that bios is for the P4B266... I have the P4B266-C... I don't think it works with my board, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes it does, just skip the warning when you flash :) .. I'm testing it right now .. I gotta have to remove the wire-mod I have on my chip also .. I'm gonna be testing all night baby! lol

Pacino...PLease report back in this thread for me, I'm interested in your results.

RatFink said:
Pacino...PLease report back in this thread for me, I'm interested in your results.

No luck yet, any O/C will hang the system right away .. seems this bios is not fully tested yet? .. I just went back to my old 1002 bios rev. :( .. I'll keep trying!

Back