• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on Aorus Elite Wi-Fi Refurbished on Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol.... glad it was possibly just a fan light you saw. Happy it's working. ;)

If that TX850 us as old as your last build, I'd look into buying another power supply sooner than later as well.

Please update your signature with the new hardware so we know what you're working with.
Thanks. You know I'm happy it's working. Merry Christmas to me. I wondered about that power supply. It is that old. I got it in 2009. Would another 850 be too much? Any recommendations? Thanks for the reminder on the sig.
Someday a new graphics card and possibly a case.

Im a big fan of higher quality-class power supplies. Love me some Seasonic.

For a single GPU system, I'd go no bigger than a 750W PSU.

The Seasonic Focus GX-750 is a great power supply, very popular around here. It is fully modular and comes with a 10 year warranty! You can find it on sale for $120 or a little less. I went for the Focus GM-750 semi-modular, which has a 7 year warranty. Found it on sale at Best Buy of all places.

Yep, I just picked up a titanium Seasonic for 'cheap'....

750W Platinum, Seasonic high-quality........... $100.

Last edited:
Yep, I just picked up a titanium Seasonic for 'cheap'....

750W Platinum, Seasonic high-quality........... $100.
I was coming here to ask about about this exact psu. I wish all the reviews were separate. Hard to know which is for what psu if model isn't listed.
If by chance I overclock will this one work?
Post magically merged:

The Seasonic Focus GX-750 is a great power supply, very popular around here. It is fully modular and comes with a 10 year warranty! You can find it on sale for $120 or a little less. I went for the Focus GM-750 semi-modular, which has a 7 year warranty. Found it on sale at Best Buy of all places.
I looked at the GX and a GM-850 because it was $90.99. Then I saw a bunch of DOA and died reviews. I know it happens but seemed a lot. I am probably going for the Focus px.
I thought Corsair was really good.

Last edited:
I was coming here to ask about about this exact psu. I wish all the reviews were separate. Hard to know which is for what psu if model isn't listed.
If by chance I overclock will this one work?
Post magically merged:

I looked at the GX and a GM-850 because it was $90.99. Then I saw a bunch of DOA and died reviews. I know it happens but seemed a lot. I am probably going for the Focus px.
I thought Corsair was really good.
The px will be more than fine for overclocking. Corsair makes decent power supplies, nothing nearly as good as Seasonic though.

Depends on the line (the AXi line is teir1 too). But generically seasonic is better across the board. Corsair really makes some inexpensive units. :)

That PX-750 is a really good deal. If you haven't clicked "Buy", do so now! :D
I'm still debating buying it as a spare because my S12-650W is about 11 years old (and only had a 3 year warranty). It is an RMA replacement because my original popped during a benching competition. Yes, PSUs fail & people then write bad reviews, but Seasonic's RMA process was fast & easy for me back then. AFAIK nothing has changed with their level of service.

Thanks ATMINSIDE, EARTHDOG, and JLK03F150. On my way to click buy now. It's already in my cart. The sale lasts for 9 more hours. Just FYI for anyone. I was going to wait on a PSU until it was suggested I upgrade now. I decided I would since they're having sales. I also have a 512 GB SK Hynix 2280 nvme I could put in the second M.2 slot. If it fits under the video card lol. I sure do appreciate everyone's help. I come here every time I need PC info. 7 yrs now.🙂
Total spent on psu, memory, motherboard, cpu, $721.68. Plus $5.97 for the paste.

Last edited:
Back