• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

opinions on tdk cdrw drives needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

What are you guys opinions on the TDK brand of cdrw's and do any of you own one? I understand that the new ones rip audio at 40x :eek: WOW, but how reliable is it ripping at that speed?

Thanks

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
As a burner there great drivers. however, my 12x10x24 doesnt rip at a constant 24x any better than any other drive. Its a great burner though.

jdmcnudgent

cornbread said:
What are you guys opinions on the TDK brand of cdrw's and do any of you own one? I understand that the new ones rip audio at 40x :eek: WOW, but how reliable is it ripping at that speed?

Thanks
if you have a 16x dvd rom, and a kick a** cpu, you can hit those without the tdk. with audiocatalyst, and my 16x dvd, i was hitting 45x+, but not consistently, it fluxuated between 25x and 45x.:D

Ice_Gargoylle

i like mine, i had to cut a few corners so i got a tdk 24x10x40 and for the money, no hassles, great drive. plus it had some good reviews, not top notch.

outhouse

i just got the 32x10x40 and so far it will do 16x flawlessly but i dont have the cdr disc's that can be burnt any higher so i have no input on how fast it can burn reliable. I did burn about 30mb of files at 32x and it did so quite fine but i dont think thats enough to give an opinion. so far i like mine and would give it thumbs up [it has a purdy blue door] just like my start up buttons LOL

No, I showered
I've got the TDK 241040b, which is basically a rebadged liteon drive. It kicks SERIOUS butt. On a good CD, it will rip at about 8x at the beginning and be pushing 40x near the end, with no problems. I absolutely love the drive. Just make sure you get the 241040b version. I've not had a lick of problem from the drive. If you go to CDRINFO.COM, you'll see that the Liteons rate quite well. I don't think you'll have any complaints with it.

trey_w

i have the 24x cdrw drive, and i love it

off the subject: has anyone tried flashing the 32x firmware on the 24x?

No, I showered
Don't think it'll work, Trey. The 32x is a different type of drive. It seems to be neither Sanyo (the original 24x) or Liteon (the B version). Wishful thinking though. Hehehe. Overclocking your CD Burner. :)