• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 148 CACJE 0546APAW Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chucky Da Pwner

Well I've been playing around with the cpu for a few days, and this is where I am at right now:

overclock8ts.jpg

Idle Temp: 26
Load: 42
Cooler: Stock
Voltage: 1.375 (in bios, shows up different in cpu-z)

I plan to prime 95 it overnight.

Sorry for bumping the old post, I thought I could update the title.

OP
C

Chucky Da Pwner

Gilgamesh said:
pretty nice core. Have you tried upping the vcore and aim for 3 ghz?

Well, I just tried to hit 3.0 ghz, but with no success. I had to raise the vcore to 1.45 for windows to boot, but it crashed after 1-2 minutes. At 1.475 vcore, windows was a bit more stable, but after 20 minutes of SuperPI giving me errors, windows crashed again. Temps were around 32-33c idle, so I know it wasn't a temperature issue. I ran my memory at a divider, and loosened my timings from 2-3-3-6 to 3-4-4-8 with no avail. Upping the volts on the ram slightly did not help aswell.

I'm not too fond of venturing up to the 1.5 vcore area, so unless anyone has any suggestions, I think I'll just stay at 2.8-2.9 ghz on my overclock.

My Specs:
Opty 148 (duh)
DFI Ultra-D
1 GB Mushkin Level 1 (CH-5 Chips)
ThermalTake PurePower 460
200 GB Sata
2 CD Drives

Last edited:

jrb357

Registered
w00t w00t :)

Nice work there. 2.8GHz at 1.375v is awesome. And on the stock cooler. Seems these newer cpu after 0540 needed around 1.5v or alittle more to get into the 3.0GHz range. I won't have mine up for another week but it seems these are just as good as some of the other steppings. Have you tried going down to a 10X multi and upping the fsb? Just curious..

Gilgamesh

Chucky Da Pwner said:
Well, I just tried to hit 3.0 ghz, but with no success. I had to raise the vcore to 1.45 for windows to boot, but it crashed after 1-2 minutes. At 1.475 vcore, windows was a bit more stable, but after 20 minutes of SuperPI giving me errors, windows crashed again. Temps were around 32-33c idle, so I know it wasn't a temperature issue. I ran my memory at a divider, and loosened my timings from 2-3-3-6 to 3-4-4-8 with no avail. Upping the volts on the ram slightly did not help aswell.

I'm not too fond of venturing up to the 1.5 vcore area, so unless anyone has any suggestions, I think I'll just stay at 2.8-2.9 ghz on my overclock.

My Specs:
Opty 148 (duh)
DFI Ultra-D
1 GB Mushkin Level 1 (CH-5 Chips)
ThermalTake PurePower 460
200 GB Sata
2 CD Drives

I recall my CABNE 0528GPMW has the same problem like yours does 2.8 at very low vcore but it just won't do the 3.0ghz on air. I'll pass on removing the ihs not worth it imo. I just sold it and got me a 175 which does the same thing. 2.8 very low vcore but after that its like there is a wall.

IWasHungry

Gilgamesh said:
I recall my CABNE 0528GPMW has the same problem like yours does 2.8 at very low vcore but it just won't do the 3.0ghz on air. I'll pass on removing the ihs not worth it imo. I just sold it and got me a 175 which does the same thing. 2.8 very low vcore but after that its like there is a wall.
Hrm. I wonder if I'll encounter that problem. Hopefully not, but we'll see.

dave_graham

i have a whole bunch of CAB2E 0545MPMWs....i wonder how they scale against the 0546APAWs?

dave

Eldonko

Revolutionary Mule
Chucky Da Pwner said:
Heh, I dont think I have ever used less than 1.5v ;) 1.55v or so will probably get you to 3Ghz 32M stable.

Rusty_Noob

Just to let you know I have one of these 148 CACJE's 0546APAW's and I am experiencing identical results. I have had it booted 3.0ghz at 1.55v but it wont do more than 1m Pi so far to unstable.

However at 2.9ghz at 1.45 volts its 32m pi stable.

Im soon gonna be watercooling it but the temps are so low that I doubt it will improve anything.