• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordered a couple of Pixel 6A's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
So I have a lot of old phones laying around. My wife is using a 4A and my SIL a 3A. Google is selling the 6A for $450 (Pre Order). The trade in for each of these phones is $300 pretty close to what I paid for them. In addition you get the old $99 Pixel Bud A's . Seemed like a great deal...My SIL is sort of a Ludite and did not really want to upgrade to a bigger phone. So I persuaded him to take a Pixel 5 laying in the drawer and I can sell one of the new Pixel 6A's. Not too shabby of a deal.

If anyone has an old Pixel phone 3A and newer now may be the time to upgrade. :cheers:

Last edited:
Read a article about the 6A the other day, sounded 'doable' for my needs(wants). Although, I'll probably keep these Moto G7s for another year, since batteries are holding up OK.

I have a 6 and won't switch from Pixel but until I read a bunch of reviews stating they fixed the fingerprint reader I'm not buying another. I've seen a couple that briefly say its better (as in one sentence) but I don't trust those yet.

I have a 6 and won't switch from Pixel but until I read a bunch of reviews stating they fixed the fingerprint reader I'm not buying another. I've seen a couple that briefly say its better (as in one sentence) but I don't trust those yet.

I have a 4XL, and despite some minor annoyances (like when wearing a mask) the face unlock works quite well. Although I do miss the rear fingerprint scanner. If they don't reverse track for the 7 I may start looking elsewhere.

Here is the size. The FS has been working fine...Not as fast as my back Pixel 5 sensor as that was the best ever...Yet totally fine...I also have it "Trusted" at my house, so my wife with one hand , has an easier time with it...It has some of the new Android 13 wallpapers built in They look quite nice and color coordinate your apps. I use Nova launcher and I don't get to see the stock launcher.

Pixel 4A, Pixel 5 and the 6A on the right.

PXL_20220729_153040356.jpg

My boys just upgraded to the Pix 6 Pros and Lil' Momma and I went the new Samsung S22 Ultras.

Read a article about the 6A the other day, sounded 'doable' for my needs(wants). Although, I'll probably keep these Moto G7s for another year, since batteries are holding up OK.
Scratch that, read an article several days ago,got me thinking about security. My G7s have not gotten security updates and patches since February 1,2021. 😲. Time to get shopping!

Back