• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ordering new 240 rad, need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madpawn119

Registered
well I poked a hole in my last rad:rain: and now I need a new one. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on a new one. I've been looking at the Black Ice Xtreme 2 or the Black Ice Xtreme 2 x-flow. Does anyone have any better radiator to suggest? or does anyone have good things to say about these that I am looking at :comp:

Daddyjaxx

Stay away from the Black Ice. You cooling the GPU and CPU with a 2x120? Granted your o/c on the 920 isn't that much, but you should look at a triple if you have the room.

OP
M

madpawn119

Registered
I have the room for a triple, but I would like to keep it down to a 240 so I can keep it inside my case. I've got 2 delta fans that I run at 4,400 RPM to pull are air over the radiator in a room that stays around 65-70F and I have a 120 rad that has another delta fan on it. Should I still go with the 360?

iceage

If you have a 1x120 that you're going to run in series with a 2x120, you should be ok. Go with the MCR220. Shouldn't have any flow problems.

Spawn-Inc

If you have a 1x120 that you're going to run in series with a 2x120, you should be ok. Go with the MCR220. Shouldn't have any flow problems.

+1

the only black ice stuff i would go with is the GTX series (best choice for your high speed delta's) or the new SR-1 series.

the xflow is not only skinny but only single pass.

OP
M

madpawn119

Registered
guys I think I might go with the MCR320, I believe I can fit it in my case with little to no problem. I think I should be ok, but will I be ok with just 1 pump and running a 120.3 and 120.1 with CPU and GPU blocks?

Spawn-Inc

i assume you have the mcp655 since you have the apex kit?

if so the pump will handle that loop with ease.

Conumdrum

Mad, yes. If you need the most out a 120x2 due to size restrictions and don't mind loud fans, then the BIX series of rads is your best choice. No fan scales as well with LOUD high pressure high speed fans better than the BIX rads.

You can see this easily on Skinnee's and Martins tests of rads.

I will say I have seen a few people go the BIX route, and a few months later buying a bigger rad and using lower speed fans. It's your stuff.

BeHappy

Yeah, im not a fan (lol, had to) of fans on high. I have 6 yates on high currently (all on molex until I start my new project) and they are louder than balls. I would stick with the mcr320 and be done with it.

Haggenator

Registered
I hear you there, i had two yates on high and couldnt take it. After a month I had to switch them out.