• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Original All in Wonder support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

Good afternoon, I have scrounged together another linux box for the purpose of testing linux and it's possibility of replacing Windows for a desktop. I'll be doing some write ups for the forum if all goes well :).My issue is that the only videocard I had lying around is an ORIGINAL all in Wonder Pro with 8 or 16MB of RAM. I'm curious if there is a way of getting dri to work with it? Also how would I go about getting the TV tuner working and video in? I realize it may not be possible and that's fine it would just be nice to watch TV or play TUX racer during long compiles and whatnot :). Thank you for any information.

Christoph

JAPH Senior
You'll want to use the xfree86 'ati' driver and the 'mach64' chipset. You'll get some acceleration, but I don't know how much it will be. There's more info here.
Apparently the TV tuner doesn't have any Linux support. If that's a big issue, you can get a cheap Linux-friendly TV tuner card here.

OP
kaltag

kaltag

Thanks christoph, The ATI driver got my resolutions and refresh up to snuff but glx gears and what not are now slower than with the vesa driver and the screen is refreshing VERY slowly. When moving windows around X is using 40% of cpu time! I did find http://gatos.sourceforge.net/ and they seem to have some drivers that work but there instructions aren't that great. I've gotten xawtv to come up but it's just blakc in the TV window. Mplayer's TV function says there is no /dev/video0. Maybe that'll give a better ide of what's going on.

Edit: I'm also a little bit confused by what that article says about the chipset in the x config file. Do I just add a line below driver that says ChipSet "mach64"?

Last edited: