• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OS question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

I hate win ME on the computer I have to use while mine is down..and want to put 2000 pro on it. The question is, can I do this with the ME fully installed on the whole harddrive? Is there any way I can compress it into 20gb and use the other 10 for 2000?

Heat

Think you're talking about setting up a dual boot. Easiest way is to hae partition magic to split the drive in half, one ntfs for 2000, fat 32 (this is what the me drive should be already) for me.

BoilersT

Registered
Constantinos said:
You cannot upgrade ME to 2k because ME was made after 2k so it wouldnt go that way. You could upgrade it to XP if you want though.

You can upgrade to 2k from ME. 2k version number is higher then ME's, so windows considers it an upgrade.

OP
AFIsoldier

AFIsoldier

Someone didn't read, I am not upgrading...I am trying to dualboot, but not loose the information on the harddrive already. Is it possible? I know to use partition magic, but I didn't know if that would require me to loose everything.