• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Out of room.....in a Stacker!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seanohue

I need a creative idea to figure out how to stick 2 CD drives, 1 FDD, 2 HDDs, a 5 1/4" bay res and a single BIX in the front of my Stacker (which came today :) ). I cant use the back 120mm fan hole because I plan to add a second BIX there. Or....I could ditch the res but I cant figure a way to mount a fillport without drilling. Suggestions?

OP
S

Seanohue

And another thing, is that hole in the bottom of the case sufficient for a BIX2? I was thinkin bout dumpin the BIX and getting a BIX2.

OP
S

Seanohue

This is how the bay sits with the rad:

Front view

Because of the wierd mounting holes of the res, I have to put it below the floppy, otherwise it would work.

shraad

Registered
Tat2monsta said:
loose the res and t-line it.. just an idea.. :/

Or just get a different RES. I actually had to ditch the drive module and use 3-1/4" HDD mounting brackets from an old Addtronics case. I got sick of my T-line and bought one of those clear acryllic cylinder RES's from CrazyPC.

Good Luck!

OP
S

Seanohue

Yea, I would like to get a clear bay res too cuz this one looks ugly and the UV green water will look cool with all the black around it. But I think the best spot for a rad is goin to be on the bottom. The airflow isnt as nice but it'll work. Only question is will the placement of the res make a difference? IE, the top of the case vs lower to the bottom.

Senater_Cache

The bottom is definately not the better plave for the rad.
Put the rad all the way up front so that it can actually suck in outside air not case-air. ditch the floppy or mount it internally, move the res up an youre good. What the heck do you use that floppy for? SATA drivers? please...disconnect it once they are in.

Fighter2a

Check mine out, I have a fan control, power control thing, dvd burner, BIXII , the HD bay thing and a res all in the front of my stacker. Here are some pictures.

To lazy to link them just click around Here <("<)

Last edited:

voigts

I think going with a swifty microres would be an option as you can mount it about anywhere. A res will work anywhere, but it is going to work best when it is the highest thing in the loop.

demonR6

Seanohue said:
Because of the wierd mounting holes of the res, I have to put it below the floppy, otherwise it would work.

Huh? What weird mounting holes? I have the same bayres and mine fits absolutely fine in the top.. I have the same case too.

Not a front side shot like yours but you can get the idea by looking..

027cr.jpg

Fighter2a

Yeah if you look at my pics you can see how the microres fits PERFECTLY on that rail, the screws that come with the microres even screw into the hole on the rail! It's amazing!

demonR6

Ahhh, I prefer to screw in things as any slight vibration will cause some god-awful noise that is bound to irritate me to no end. :)

Fighter2a

demonR6 said:
Ahhh, I prefer to screw in things as any slight vibration will cause some god-awful noise that is bound to irritate me to no end. :)

The res also comes with rubber washers and I used one of those. There is no noise at all. And the bracket I used was a piece of metal that I screwed into one of the fan holes and it sticks out a side hole in a L shape so that the rad can't tip. There is also velco on the bottom. Works good.

bri1

get a tline and loose the flopy i mean who uses those just get flash memory i got one for free from my last purchace :)