• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Out of spec AGP speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankMasterFlash

Is there any consequences to run a G200 16meg @ 89-100 mhz. I think that this is whats holding my back to o/c mu P!!! 733 to 825. I can do 89 at 2x agp and if I put it at 93 or 100 at 2x it post's but no screen unless I reboot it, and I think its causing stability prolbems. If i put it at 1x it stops but i still have stability problems

If I put it at 1/1 agp at 133mhz and at 1x would that be like running it close to the same as 2/3 and at 66mhz at 2x?

FrankMasterFlash (Jun 21, 2001 03:01 p.m.):
Is there any consequences to run a G200 16meg @ 89-100 mhz. I think that this is whats holding my back to o/c mu P!!! 733 to 825. I can do 89 at 2x agp and if I put it at 93 or 100 at 2x it post's but no screen unless I reboot it, and I think its causing stability prolbems. If i put it at 1x it stops but i still have stability problems

If I put it at 1/1 agp at 133mhz and at 1x would that be like running it close to the same as 2/3 and at 66mhz at 2x?

I tried the same thing recently and got similar results. You need to run the agp at spec as much as possible. I saw twice the artifacting even when the card booted and ran benchmarks while running the agp bus at 92-100. It's a wonder the card runs at all that high, don't get pushy with it, you might damage it.

Back