• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook Express problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Ok outlook express crashes after about 20 seconds EVERY time it's opened up. It doesn't matter where it's just sitting there or if i'm reading or typing it crashes the same time everytime like clockwork. I want to reinstall it but how would I do that? there's nothing from MS to download....anyone able to help?

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, select Microsoft Internet Explorer, remove, and repair.

If that doesn't work, make sure you install the newest version v6 SP1 I think

cw

OP
attack

attack

I forgot outlook was part of IE.....anyway I reinstalled it and i'm getting the same error, same time....any other suggestions?

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
What OS, and what error?

I"ve seen this happen when OE is set to auto-preview and it's got a funky email sitting there, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
ATC9001 said:
win2k pro

says program has generated errors.

Did you reinstall or repair? And you DO have the newest version? Win2k SP3?

OP
attack

attack

yes I have SP3....in event viewer I found that my HD has a bad block....(many of these errors) Is that physicly damaged as in it needs to be RMA'd or would a low level format correct that? there is nothing in application log about the program generating errors.....

Vfrjim1

Uninstall IE6 and go back to IE5.5 / 5 which was the basis for Win2k, after you reboot and confirm that Outlook 5 works fine, reinstall IE6 if you want. I had the same problem before, see if it fixes it.

Jim

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
If you do a thorough scandisk, does it find bad sectors? Could be a faulty hard drive.

cw

Despotes

I had a very similar problem. I tried reinstalling OE, but that didn't work. I had a problem with my HDD and corrupt files. I ran Norton Disk Doctor (had to reboot to perform the full test) and all is well now.