• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook Express

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

Outlook Express and WinXP Question

Ok i have a problem...
My moms computer died, shes running winxp
My comp is also running win xp, and i Need to back up her contacts on my comp

So i installed her drive as a slave, but cant seem to figure out how I can backup her contacts in her address book, any ideas?

Also does winxp pro support a motherboard change?

Last edited:

o770

not sure if this is the same folder you get on XP but here it goes: \Documents and Settings\Administrador\Applications Data\Microsoft\Address Book\*.WAB
also im not sure if the folder Application Data is exactly that because my version of Windows is in portuguese, but its something relating to that.
also, you should look for it under the user account folder (Administrator).
hope this helps.

OP
subconcept

subconcept

You Rule!!!
I looked there and I found it, thanks dude you just saved my mom from loosing all the emails of all of her clients in her business.

She also gives a big thank you to you.

:D

FarEast

Most Generous Member
Yes there is drag and drop all of the files into a desktop folder then copy that folder on to a disk......you know have a backup of all messages. then drag and drop from the folder onto your pc.........also for contacts all you have to do is run the export function....File Export ...blah blah blah. If you use Outlook it has options to import export everything