• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outpost.com 17" Flat-panel $299 AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AC Slater

50ms is very slow. This would be fine for an office but I wouldn't touch it for gaming, it would be ghosting city.

OP
NeoGeo

NeoGeo

How bout this LCD, only $20 more and the response time is 1/2 the outpost.com LCD!

Is $320 a good price? Anybody ever heard of that brand, tigerdirect says it comes with a 3-yr warranty, that's pretty good right there:)

Maxvla

very nice on the 2nd one. its got nearly the same specs as the Benq that i was looking at for 378 and 30$ rebate.

OP
NeoGeo

NeoGeo

Should make a decent AIW-TV/web-browsing monitor right?

Maxvla

well you gotta figure in shipping too.

its 20 bucks for them to mail that to you.

the benq has 16ms response time which is better than that ones 25ms. 25ms is still pretty good but 16ms is even better.

it works out to be 339 shipped for that one and 348 shipped for the benq. 9 bucks more for the better monitor. i think i'd splurge a little.

Maxvla

Doomer87 said:
The 2nd one has less resolution
um.. where do you see that?

both monitors do 1280x1024 @ 75hz

the benq has a 500:1 contrast ratio compared to the 300:1 for the outpost one. the higher the better.

OP
NeoGeo

NeoGeo

Where can I find this Benq LCD? I think I just might dig deep and splurge:D

AC Slater

Only downer about the 2nd one is there is no DVI connector. If you ever get an LCD make sure it has a DVI connector! The difference between DVI and VGA is like night and day.

Maxvla

AC Slater said:
Only downer about the 2nd one is there is no DVI connector. If you ever get an LCD make sure it has a DVI connector! The difference between DVI and VGA is like night and day.
the 1st one doesn't either
dunno.gif
:confused:

Input Connector: 15Pin D-sub High Density Connector for Video & Sync Signals

OP
NeoGeo

NeoGeo

DVI and VGA are good for now, I guess. I'm holding off on getting a >17" flat-panel for gaming until they make them w/ OLED and an interface with more bandwidth than DVI...by that time some good PCI-Express/64 graphics card should be out. VGA shouldn't be that bad for TV and web browsing.

Maxvla

NeoGeo said:
DVI and VGA are good for now, I guess. I'm holding off on getting a >17" flat-panel for gaming until they make them w/ OLED and an interface with more bandwidth than DVI...by that time some good PCI-Express/64 graphics card should be out. VGA shouldn't be that bad for TV and web browsing.
by that time there will be something just on the horizon. then you will want to wait for that.

when does it end?

Demont

Maxvla said:

by that time there will be something just on the horizon. then you will want to wait for that.

when does it end?

Well, display interfaces don't exactly have a 6-month product cycle like a video card or something. I doubt anything will be on the horizon for a while after this next generation. I mean, how long did it take to go from VGA to DVI and now from DVI to whatever-it-is? A long time.