• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over clocking an Abit KT7A-RAID...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ganz

Ok, I'm currently stuck with my setup. I can't seem to get any more juice no matter what I try. Especially, I can't get the FSB to any higher than 133. I'm currently running at 133 X 10.5 with by FSB setting at 133/33. This pegs me at 1400ghz for overall speed, but I can't get any higher. Also, I've got two sticks of PC133 SD-RAM each with 256mb's. The vendor told me that they are Micron and are CAS2. But get this they will not for the life of me run at CAS2, only at CAS3. How do you trust these people and believe what they say about the memory they sell? I mean you can't tell by whets written on the memory sticks. Now my real question is this, does anyone out there know how to get some more speed out of my system? I've tried just about everything and I know, from what I've heard, that my AXIA TB at 1.2g (266) will get higher speeds. So please help, I'll take any advice or suggestions. Thanks.

Ranger

Abit KT7A-RAID Mobo (RAID setup to RAID 0)
Maxtor 20GB ATA-100 7200RPM
Western Digital 20GB ATA-100 7200RPM
ATI Radeon 32MB DDR
Linksys NIC
Aztec 56K
SBLive Value 5.1
INWIN Q500 Full Tower (300W PSU)
4 case fans (1 intake, 2 exhaust, and 1 blowing onto the cpu)
1 PCI slot exhaust fan
Thermosonic Thermoengine HSF (w/ the Delta 7K rpm fan)
AMD Athlon AXIA TB 1.2 Ghz (266FSB) @ 1.4Ghz at 133MhzX10.5 FSB (won’t go higher and stay stable)
Micron 512MB SDRAM (2 sticks) PC133 set at CAS 3 (the vendor told me it was CAS2 but won’t run on CAS2)
16X Pioneer DVD
12X4X32X Sony CD-RW
19” KDS .24dpi True Flat Monitor
HP 935 DeskJet
Creative DTD 1800 5pc surround speakers w/ subwoofer
Logitech Mouse man Mouse
Logitech 3D Extreme Joystick
Logitech Rumble pad Control pad

There is software available such as SI Sandra which will tell you the full details of your RAM, if this is a area of concern it may be worth downloading

Many times vendors claim to sell Micron memory but what you get is some no name brand that assembled their memory using micron chips. I have had several of these myself as I can get them from a local comp store cheap. I use them sometimes when I build systems for people that will never be overclocked. I do test the sticks and they have done quite bad many will not run cas3 at 133 and they don't oc much either. For real micron memory go to Crucial you will be surprised at the difference good memory makes.

Thanks to both you guys. I downloaded Sissandra and just as you said ken they were not CAS2 ram. I'm so mad at these people who just plain lie to you. Well I've learned my lesson never to buy from computer shows again.

Ranger

u got to remember that not all AXIA tbirds will go +1.4gig even if u buy 1.3gig tb.
it is just a luck of the draw.
and don`t ever buy crucial componants for your computer at the markets.
as u will all ready know from 1st hand exp.

GOD.....

micron has cl2 or cl3 printed on it.i myself bought a 256 meg stick at a computer show and was told it was cl2 but was cl3.i couldnt read it there(my etes wre getting bad)but runs at cl2 if set in bios.it also says micron on it.

Well, I did it. I ordered some CAS2 SD-RAM from crucial yesterday. I bought the 7.5ns and bought two sticks of PC133 256mb rams. I've heard of a lot of people say that they were able to go up to 150mhz from crucial ram and I'm hoping the same. Now, does anyone know who would like to take two sticks of 256mb PC133 (CAS3) ram off my hands for cheap? LOL.

Ganz

Back