• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock BIOSTAR H55 A+ v6.3 + Xeon X3440 2.5 @ 3.8 GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

What are you cooling the CPU with?

Can you give us more details about your hardware such as cooling, gpu, psu and case make and model please?

trents

Your CPU cooler will likely be a limiting factor to achieving your overclocking goal. And because your nox pax case is only 195mm wide it will not provide clearance to the side panel for bigger and better air coolers. They would be too tall. And I don't think your case accommodate higher end all in one water coolers. Overclocking must be planned for in the selection of components if it is to be a successful undertaking.

Having said all that, you may be able to get a more modest overclock out of your present cooling system.

machausta

I think there's the 'elephant in the room' of having a Biostar motherboard. They usually just aren't very good, and (for me) don't allow for anything more than a very modest overclock.