• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock capibilties MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would be worried about running the FX-4100 at stock on that board, much less overclocking.

I would be worried about running the FX-4100 at stock on that board, much less overclocking.

Ok I will opt out of the Msi board. Could you recommend a board that will over clock my fx4100 cou? I over clocked this cpu from 3.6 to 4.4 gigahertz on a gigabyte mb.

Can you list the full system specs and your budget to upgrade with please?

Faulty MB or PS

Can you list the full system specs and your budget to upgrade with please?

Rosewill ARC-750 ARC Series 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Single +12V Rail Intel 4th Gen CPU SLI and CrossFire Ready Power Supply.

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0) AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD 760G + SB710
AMD AM3+/ AMD AM3 Phenom II/ AMD Athlon II processor
DDR3 1600(O.C.)/ 1333/ 1066

I hooked the ps up with the mb out of the case and only used the cpu thermaltake cooler fan, a 120 mm fan plugged in.

Again, please list the full system specs. See my signature for an example of what we need.
You also didn't mention your upgrade budget.

Have you tested the PSU with a multimeter?

Processor----AMD FX4100 guad core----------
Motherboard------------GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0) AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard----
CPU Cooling---------------ThermalTake----Firo-----HD 1tb system drive 120gb corsair ssd---------------
Power-----------Rosewill ARC-750 ARC Series 750W ---------
Sapphire hdmi 2gb video card---------
Memory---------------2x4GB DDR3 1600(O.C.)/ 1333/ 1066
Case------------------ Rosewill CHALLENGER - Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

You said "Faulty MB or PS", did you test the PSU with a multimeter?
For the third time, what's your budget to upgrade?

Upgrade....all I want to upgrade is the ps and my cpu and mb.i want to keep my video card and ssd. Budget 150 dollars.

Last edited:
Yes, upgrading the PSU and Motherboard. What is your budget though?
Any reason you want to upgrade the PSU? Is it old?

Could you answer the questions I'm asking please?

Yes, upgrading the PSU and Motherboard. What is your budget though?
Any reason you want to upgrade the PSU? Is it old?

Could you answer the questions I'm asking please?

PS will not run, it is not running the cpu fan, which is all I had plugged in to test with. Mb manual states that the 12 volt atx plug has to be working for the cpu to run. Budget 150 dollars. MB and psu are brand new.

Did you try jumping the PSU to test it by itself?
Use a paperclip to jump pins 15 and 16 on the 24-pin connector (green to black) and then power it on.

Do this with the PSU disconnected completely from the system.

Did you try jumping the PSU to test it by itself?
Use a paperclip to jump pins 15 and 16 on the 24-pin connector (green to black) and then power it on.

Do this with the PSU disconnected completely from the system.

Thanks gotta try that...will get back to you.

ps did run ter I junper it. Thanks, the mb did not have numbers on it but I found them in the manual.

Back