• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock issue, My first Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zion1alpha

Hello, im new to the forum and this is my first post, sorry for my English :D

Im zion00 and i have a question about my First true overclock.

This is my gaming box.

AsRock p45x3 deluxe
Intel e6300 Wolfdale 45nm
2x4GB 1600 Crucial Ballistix Tactical cl8
Cooler Artic (i dont remember)
Power Corsair Modular 750W

3 years ago i purchased a e6300 wolfdale 45nm and i runned since the first boot from 266fsb to 333fsb, and from 2.8ghz
to 3.3ghz. Stock vcore. Custom cooler.

Now i decide is time to a true overclock. xD

My Linpack 2h stable overclock is:

FSB: 370
Mult: 10x
Clock: 3700mhz
vCore: 1.38
Ram: 7-7-7-24
Temperatures Load: 62/64degree
Temeperature Idle: 36degree

Now the question. Why sometimes the pc doesnt want to boot? He stacks after 3 seconds. No signal into monitor.
If i switch off and on, he boots with no issues. 2h linpack OCCT i read is quite stable.

Any suggestion?

And i have another question.

I start to overclock cause i wanted to do some bench on single thread and compare my CPu with new FX 4300/6300 AMD, for understand
how much in terms of performance i can have doing the upgrade. (is a gaming box, i play League of Legends, is single thread).

And the result is, didnt want to believe, that my CPU need 15.6 seconds for 1M SuperPI 1.8, when fx6300 needs 22,5 seconds.

(http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...615-amd-vishera-fx-6300-fx-4300-review-6.html)

I do something wrong or my old 2009 intel Wolfdale pentium e6300 perform better?

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
What are the rest of your voltages set to?

PLL?
VTT?
NB?

You might also try doing a manual reset of the CMOS followed by flashing your BIOS to the most current revision then setting your overclock back up.

I would also try some other stress tests such as Prime95 and check your RAM with Memtest.

What are the rest of your voltages set to?

PLL?
VTT?
NB?

You might also try doing a manual reset of the CMOS followed by flashing your BIOS to the most current revision then setting your overclock back up.

I would also try some other stress tests such as Prime95 and check your RAM with Memtest.

I think Auto. I didnt change anything else. :D

What value can you suggest?
At least, some range of value i can try (from the infos given before).

I flashed the bios and updated it 2 months ago cause when i installed 8gb 1600 ram computer didnt want to boot.

How can i find the right settings for ram? If i set auto, seems like doesnt want to work (crash or dont boot).

Is strange, isntit? I mean, 1600mhz ddr3 ballistix cl8 are fully compatible with the overclcok, i should not need to change any settings, right?

Can RamTest give me some input to change the ram settings?

thanks for everything.

If you have Ballistix Tactical rated for CL8, why are you running the modules at 7-7-7? Manually adjust the timings to 8-8-8-24 w/ the DRAM voltage set to 1.5-1.55V, assuming this is your RAM...

http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=797&sel_lang=english

... this while on the 333 MCH strap. So at the current FSB of 370MHz and 4.00 DRAM multiplier, the effective DRAM frequency should be at DDR3-1480.

Ok thanks to all for the help.

Now seems that the problem of the boot is solved. I upped NB of 0.1 and PLL and VTT of 0.02. Now at any new boot, the pc boot properly.
I read some guides of what they are and how much is safe to overvolt that parameters.

About the ram. Yes that's my ram. I dont know why i did 7-7-7-24, i tryed and was working. Is this a problem?

Can i do more with the rams?

cause if i run "AUTO" on rams, they go at 4-4-4-12 or something similar, and i dont know why.

Back