• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What2097

Registered
Hey all who helped me and gave me advice.
I have finally put in my 2.0 Northwood cpu, and am using the standard Intel Fan with Artic Silver 3.
I have overclocked stabily to 2.51GHz without changing the voltage (still at 1.5v).
My temps are kinda high: 42 Idle, 59 Full Load. But I suppose that's not too bad.
I have not tried going any higher, as I only wanted to go to 2.5, but any higher would be great... apart from the temps!
What do you guys think? What advice could you give me which would make this better?
Thanx!

Man those temps are pretty high alright.

I have a 1.8A o'c by 25% to 2250 with temps of 39 idle and 45 full load. I think you had better get a decent cooler or your CPU will not last very long (from what I read). The higher the temp, the shorter the life.

In a few days, Thermalright are releasing an SLK900 which should be pretty awesome and quiet. Keep an eye on their site.

Cheers

OverclockNStein...... very cool. Similar board, Same CPU with similar o'c & same cooler. Often wondered whether mine was okay.

Cheers

Back