• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockability of KT333's. check in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

I know the KT400's OC better, but how high have some of you guys OCed the KT333 versions? I'm looking for more than 100mhz also...

I'm just sic about the Soyo I have...I've got an unlocked XP200 and can only get it uP to 1938...I need more voltage...but the Soyo only goes uP to 1.85...I'm lookin for the new Epox 8k9a3+ which will go uP to 2.10...:mad:

Stepper said:
I'm just sic about the Soyo I have...I've got an unlocked XP200 and can only get it uP to 1938...I need more voltage...but the Soyo only goes uP to 1.85...I'm lookin for the new Epox 8k9a3+ which will go uP to 2.10...:mad:

With the 1938mhz, what is your multipliar set at?

I'm so uPset right now...I haven't fired
'Frank-In-Stein' uP in some time...so that's the only thing that I remember...I was somehow hoping for at least 2-300MHz more than stock...on air...silly me...when I get over the major disappointment...AND get me a new mobo...I'll go back to the lab an fire "Frank-In-Stein" uP again...let me say this now...because I forgot to mention it in another forum...and got flamed like I was a charbroiled steak...'Frank' is on an open_air workbench...so the temps are pretty low without a case...Can U suggest some good settings to try??? :cry:

Sorry all...I jus noticed it the above post I typoed...I have a unlocked XP2200...depending on the comments I get in here...I'll go down to the lab and pound on Frank and let y'all know some numbers...maybe someone will be able to help me...or at least point me in the right direction...

Specs in sig below. Currently @12.5x150. It will run @152fsb(1.9Ghz) but it frezzes in 3DMark2001se. I also dont like the added heat.:mad:

edit: it now runs at 152fsb without freezing. Guess it just needed some good burning it.:D Also changed some memory settings.

Last edited:
I got this one uP to 156x12.5...(stable)...so I had to push it...well it's pretty much hosed now...won't boot...I get an unmountable_boot error...and some other errors I don't understand...

i've currently have mine set to 153x9.5 for 1.45 on a duron 1.2
ax-7 with a smartfan2 going fullblast.

I got to 11.5x157 stable.

Not sure if I want to up the fsb even more since soyo decided we shouldnt have a 1/5 divider:mad:

I got mine up to 12.5 x 155 stable. The only thing keeping me back is the frigging PCI divider!!!!!

To the person who was getting the unmountable errors, i believe that may be due to the PCI divider causing your HDDs frequency to be too high. I think you would want to keep it under about 39mhz otherwise it causes the HDDs to screw up. The KT333 dragons apparently only have the 1/4 divisor so anything over 155mhz FSB is over that 39 mark.

Also for those of you not able to get over 140-145, I too was in that position. It was my memory that was holding me back. If you have your memory running at the 166mhz, take it down to 133mhz. yes this will underclock your memory, but if you get your FSB up to 150mhz, it comes out to about 300mhz (down from the 333mhz).

I hope this may have helped some of you. Let me know if it did.

Ur so right...however this board is so whack...I've got the ratio set to auto...and it puts in a 12.5 on an XP2400 which is 15 outta the box...it won't let me set any manual multipliers...I can only pump uP the fsb speed...I'm walkin out of the door right now to get another board...

Back