• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked! Now no sound???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

getRdun

I am running a celeron 1300 processor, everything works perfect up to 1.36ghz, I have successfully overclocked up to 1.52ghz but anything over the 1.36ghz and the onboard sound No longer works??? Any ideas??? I have tried removing the drivers and re-installing them once overclocked but still no luck. Bring the speed down to 1.36ghz and everything works again???

Thanks

bobmanfoo

Disabled
getRdun said:
I am running a celeron 1300 processor, everything works perfect up to 1.36ghz, I have successfully overclocked up to 1.52ghz but anything over the 1.36ghz and the onboard sound No longer works??? Any ideas??? I have tried removing the drivers and re-installing them once overclocked but still no luck. Bring the speed down to 1.36ghz and everything works again???

Thanks
your OC is OCing your pci bus as well, and pci's don't like OC's, does your board have pci/agp lock?

iD10t

i really doubt that board has a pci lock.
just keep the second frequency (one in the range from 30-40 depending one the setting) under 37mhz. any more than that really isn't that stable.

oh, and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

OP
G

getRdun

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am totally new at this OC'ing thing. This is actually my first time. So I guess 1.36 ghz/35 mhz will have to do until I get the cash to build my new one.

Thanks again!