• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Overclockers.com Benching Party II: Philadelphia, PA - June 17-19, 2011

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll bring a pink wine cooler again, since its sort of tradition. The loser has to have pictures taken drinking it in a dainty manner. Rumble in the AMD jungle!

Need to clarify how to win though... First one to see 7Ghz on the screen (your style) or first on to get a 7Ghz validation (my style). I am cool with either way. :D

Agree, and its first to validate. I never did first to screen. I validate.

But I want to make an alteration... winner of course gets to keep the chip and the braging rights. Loser, has to drink the pink drink, also takes 2 shots of high caliber destruction (i.e. Crack Pipe Shot, Crystal Skull + SoCo.) Loser pays.

1. I want to come
2. I cannot come cause I'm only 17 (soon to be 18, 5 more days:bday:)
3. I would love to compete cause I'm underage, so I can't drink (Did i just use that as a advantage? :shock:)
4. I'm in Florida, too long of a drive.

I'll possibly be there next year though, I'll be watching the live stream for now.

1. I want to come
2. I cannot come cause I'm only 17 (soon to be 18, 5 more days:bday:)
3. I would love to compete cause I'm underage, so I can't drink (Did i just use that as a advantage? :shock:)
4. I'm in Florida, too long of a drive.

I'll possibly be there next year though, I'll be watching the live stream for now.

Don't let age hold you back. I'm pretty sure that unless someone brings their kids, I'll be the youngest there, at 16. :thup:

I want to come and I will pay the bencher fee. I have a little Rig that I will bring and just want to learn everything possible, plus it sounds fun. Can't wait to go there.

Glad to have you on board!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to come and I will pay the bencher fee. I have a little Rig that I will bring and just want to learn everything possible, plus it sounds fun. Can't wait to go there.

Great! I'll put you on the list! It really is a great time. I'll send the payment info via PM, and as we discussed in email, just let me know if you need any help getting a room, directions, or anything else!

Agree, and its first to validate. I never did first to screen. I validate.

But I want to make an alteration... winner of course gets to keep the chip and the braging rights. Loser, has to drink the pink drink, also takes 2 shots of high caliber destruction (i.e. Crack Pipe Shot, Crystal Skull + SoCo.) Loser pays.

F7 F7 F7. Loser should do 2 - 3 wise men shots (Jack, Jim, Jose) :). Winner should do a car bomb, mmm car bombs.

Man... Wish I could go..
The last one was a blast.. so much so that I bought a F1ee pot for the next one.. Unfortunately this one isn't in the cards for me.. Have fun guy's
Those that haven't been to one of these event..
please attend if you can, you will never forget it..

Nice set up Dolk :thup:

Thanks Raymo, we'll be making it back to Tyler, and we'll be sure to send you an invite. If you know anyone in the NE area who may be interested, please pass on word to the folks at TRP!

BTW, I'll be taking some video with my camera this time around, I really enjoyed the short videos you did!

Hey YOU, yes YOU, the one READING this message. How come you are not coming?

Put aside your doubt, come, and hang out with those that you have met on the forum. If you have just been lurking and watching the benching team grow this year, come see how we do it!
Even though these events happen once a year, the event moves from place to place. This is your chance to come out and see us.
Come and support your Benching Team, have some fun, tell some tales, ask questions, and learn.

Last edited:
NoL, whose work you may have seen in the Extreme Cooling section of the site, will be coming to hang out. :thup: He is going to bring some of his "party favors" along also.

If its girls giving free messages again, I doubt people will want them again.

Why can't June 17-19th come tomorrow?

Some new news... My parents are going to help me out by buying a pack of 12 or 24 rolls of blue shop towel from Home Depot for the benching party. So, as long as I make it, shop towel should be somewhat covered (especially if I get a pack of 24, or 2x12 packs).

We are only 3 weeks out, its not that far.

It was a lot worse for the first one. We all wanted it in August two weeks after we decided the party. Than we changed it to November before Thanksgiving. Imagine sitting in your office everyday for 4 months waiting to bench LN2 for the first time.

Why can't June 17-19th come tomorrow?

Some new news... My parents are going to help me out by buying a pack of 12 or 24 rolls of blue shop towel from Home Depot for the benching party. So, as long as I make it, shop towel should be somewhat covered (especially if I get a pack of 24, or 2x12 packs).

Sweet, we'll need tons of towels. Who's bringing the lube? :).

We are only 3 weeks out, its not that far.

It was a lot worse for the first one. We all wanted it in August two weeks after we decided the party. Than we changed it to November before Thanksgiving. Imagine sitting in your office everyday for 4 months waiting to bench LN2 for the first time.

Yeah that was :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: but turned out great in the end. I hope my work calms down so I'm not all twitchy when I get there!

Back